Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Well here we are at the end of another year, wondering where all that time went and bracing ourselves for whatever 2009 will hold.

First of all, I just want to say how blessed I've been by so many of you in the past year. You've encouraged me, cheered me up, given me much needed hugs, challenged me, and basically been a massive blessing in my life.

Secondly, I want to remind you all that there are many, many others around us, as we go about our day, who will not view Christmas as the time of joy and abundance that we most probably will be. It could be because it brings back memories of a loved one who has passed away; it could be because they are homeless; it could be because they have suffered severe heartbreak this year. If we can all reach out to those around us and bless them even a little this Christmas season - it might just make their burdens a little bit easier.

And thirdly, I thought I'd write a brief note to encapsulate the highs and lows of 2008 for myself, and my resolutions and plans for the new year.


Highs of 2008

  • The 3 weeks I spent in Rwanda in January. Nothing has ever affected me as much as this did!

  • The luxury mini-break on the Gold Coast Brad surprised me with when I returned home

  • Being able to work in a job I love, with people who are like a family to me, in an area that I am deeply interested in

  • My fantastic birthday up at Springbrook, walking around all the waterfalls; followed by dinner at my favourite restaurant at night

  • Brad's soccer team being allocated second division, and making the semi-finals

  • Going to Fiji for my first overseas holiday with my husband!

  • Going on a few short trips to Sydney to see Brad's brother and his wife and kids


When it comes to disappointments, it really was just the fact that falling pregnant hasn't been as straightforward as we prayed for. Our adventure only started this year, but long-standing medical and genetic issues meant we started the journey of fertility specialists a lot earlier than most. We're sad that we aren't celebrating a pregnancy this Christmas, but there's a new gameplan for next year and hopefully that will get us our miracle.

And now we look ahead to next year - and what an exciting year it's looking like!!!

  • A beachside holiday with Brad's brother and his wife and children at the start of the year
  • I start tutoring a Refugee family early in the new year
  • A possible trip to Tasmania to join Tutsi survivors in commemorating the 15th anniversary of the Rwandan Genocide
  • The chance to be a relief Clinical Nurse (Level 2) at work whilst one of them takes holidays
  • I could be heading to an International Conference in South Africa late in 2009

So as we gear up for a new year and all it has in store for us; we think of all of you and hope and pray you are having a marvellous Christmas with friends and family and that 2009 is full of God's richest blessings for you all.

No comments: