Ended up going to Church in the morning. Most of the 'regulars' were all ready down at Hillsong, so we had Seema preach. Felt like a flashback to the types of sermons I grew up with in my Pentecostal background - so I had to really fight to not get caught up in my own prejudices.
I'm still struggling a little with the whole concept of "Church". Sometimes I wonder if I'm cut out more for the home/organic style of Church (so small group chats with dinner and more 'personable), rather than the great big infrastructure that so often defines the traditional concept of Church. I still don't quite know where I fit. I love my Church community - but I just don't seem to connect so well amongst the 'traditional' construct (praise and worship/sermon/go home/etc etc).
Afterwards we went off to Festitalia at the showgrounds. To be honest, this was a bit of a letdown. The way they advertised the event was not quite how it was in actuality. It was advertised as having lots of opportunites to taste great Italian food and drink - but there was only one 'taste testing' stall (olives). Not that I'm complaining - but we were expecting a bit more pasta/pizza tasting, along with wines and cheeses. And the food was, as always happens, highly overpriced. Left early, and went across the road to work to eat.
Worked from 2:15-10:45 last night. Was very slow for the first 5 hours, and then had 2 caesarians to end the night. Helped us get over that 'bump' that is that final 3 hours or so, that so often drags.
Back there again for night duty. Would prefer not to have a repeat of last month's nights, so we'll see how we go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Boy, do I ever hear ya on the "not connecting at church" comment! :)
(Voveo)
You know, I think "church" is going through a bit of house cleaning at the moment. There are some of us that really enjoy the full structure of traditional church, and there are some of us that simply don't connect that way. I find myself in the middle. I love both... I don't really feel at home in either, but both/and. Guess I'm strange that way! :)
TMB poster and church planter! :)
- David Cowan
Pastor, Elevation Church
elevationchurch.tv
blog: lowercasechurch.com
myspace.com/elevationchurchtv
myspace.com/dccowan
forum: elevationchurch.tv/forum
Post a Comment